lunes, 30 de enero de 2012

What does it depend on?

I have said many times that you should not let your happiness depend on one person. I have also acknowledged that it is a hard thing to acomplish, since exterior factors inevitably affect our mood. But affecting does no mean determining. I have always said that your mood depends solely on the way you react to things and the way you face chalenges that are presented to you. I have found myself in a great mood these days. And I could say that it´s because good things are happening to me. And indeed they are, but also I have some bad things lurking my way. But I have decided that the good things are more important and that the bad ones will eventually sort themselves out. I have found that establishing a more personal relationship with God has filled me with peace. And I know that not all people believe in God, but most people believe in something greater than themselves or an equivalent. For us, human beings, feeling connected is a very important and fundamental factor for our emotional well being. That connection that we have a yearning for is what drives us all to have a Facebook account, or Twitter, blogger, tmblr or any other site, a telephone or cell phone, etc... It has been long provén that a group of peers is essential to our emotional well being and stability. So, since external factors do inevitably alter our mood, it´s importan to learn to dela with things and control the way our internal being deals with them. Do not be dependant on any one thing, person or group. I am a firm believer in this. Things, people and groups are ephimerous, nothing ever lasts forever, nothingñ for a long time? yeah, for a lifetime? Maybe, but not forever. Nobody is ever going to be happy all the time. Because shit happens. But when you step on shit, you just keep walking, go over to the grass and clean it off. Shit happens, but don´t let it define you. SO, what does it all depend on? What does happiness depend on? Well, this is where what I´m always saying comes in. How you feel depends on you. How and what you feel depends on the way you deal with things and the way you react towards things. So it depends on you.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario