jueves, 22 de septiembre de 2011

Perspective

There is someone in my life who has the ability to affect my mood.  He can make me the happiest person in the world and then bring me crashing right back down to Earth.  I hate that he can do that.  And although I've been seriously trying to "revoke" this power of his, it's a hard thing to do.  There is nothing worse than having the person who you love, love you back and refusing to, impeding the two of you to b together, all because he had a bad experience in the past.  But, hey buddy, buck up!  We all have been hurt!  Why should I pay for a crime I didn't commit?

Speaking of paying for crimes you didn't commit, did any of you listen or read about Troy Davis?  He was executed yesterday for the homicide of a cop years ago.  The thing is that apparently evidence arose that brought a reasonable doubt about his culpability.  Lots of people rallied to get a pardon, but after several delays, it didn't happen.  I can't tell you more about it, because this is all I had time to find out.  Do you guys know anything else?  Are you for or against the death penalty?  I am strongly against. An eye for an eye makes the whole world go blind.  That's what I think.  In my eyes, the death penalty makes the justice system into an organized murder system.

Writing about Troy Davis has made me think about several other things.  Getting another person out of my mind for a while.  It also puts things in perspective, there are people who have it way worse and eventually this too shall pass.  This reminds me of a scene in Bridget Jones Diary 2: The Edge of Reason, where she realizes that Mr. Darcy isn't as bad a boyfriend as she thought.  Here you have, fr your viewing pleasure:
Isn't technology great?  The way we can communicate?  The fact that there is a place where apparently every piece of video ever made exists for us to watch whenever we want to?  I just blew your mind off! hahaha!! LOL!

Turns out that life and how we experience it is all based on perspective.  I have written this before, but in other words.  So, it does depend on seeing the glass half full or half empty.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario